Electrical insulation eliminates electrostatic or electromagnetic fields between two components.
It can also provide a thermal insulation function.
Gravic offers lamination, adhesive application, forming (folding, grooving) and cutting of a wide range of insulation materials.
More elaborate forms can combine this insulation function with a conductivity function, by adding copper or aliminium, or printing with conductive ink.
UL94 insulation (fire-retardant)
The US standard UL 94, established by the Underwriters Laboratories, concerns the fire resistance of plastic materials. It classifies plastics according to their resistance to combustion over time, in a variety of orientations and thicknesses.
- UL94 V0: combustion stops within 10 seconds, for vertical supports; no dripping permitted
- UL94 V1: combustion stops within 30 seconds, for vertical supports; no dripping permitted
- UL94 V2: combustion stops within 30 seconds, for vertical supports; some dripping of burning particles is permitted.
- UL94 HB: Slow combustion on a horizontal support; burn rate of < 76 mm/min for a thickness of < 3 millimeters
There are other classifications which apply to low-density foam materials (HF-1, HF-2, HBF) and thin layers (VTM-0, VTM-1, VTM-2).
TYPES OF APPLICATION
- Technical parts
- Electrical devices
- Outdoor equipment: lighting systems, etc.
- Portable batteries for electric vehicles
- Medical, security, defense sectors
- Faraday cages
TYPES OF MATERIAL