Technical cutting, introduced for the first time in the 19th century to more efficiently cut copper for the shoe industry, has progressed greatly over the years. Technical cutting is now a crucial process which we apply to most of our products at Gravic. Our impressive portfolio of internal cutting solutions, which includes flat cutting, rotating cutting, laser and digital cutting, is able to meet the needs of the most demanding industrial applications. We use not only our own technology, but also our 50 years of experience in technical cutting to adapt the most effective and profitable solutions for our clients. Precise technical cutting processes allow us not only to create complex forms to meet the strictest tolerances for dimensions, but also to deliver them in multiple presentations to suit our clients’ assembly processes.
Our capacities include:
- Cross-cutting – re Cutting of the client model across the material, which involves a complete separation of the part from the original material.
- Kiss-cutting – For materials lined with adhesive, kiss-cutting cuts through the upper layers of the material and the adhesive layers, but not the support material (the liner). The cut model is not completely separated from the original material, and the liner is used as a carrier strip.
- Perforation – Production of a series of punched holes which hold the cut model in place on the original material. The perforation is used to easily detach the designed part along the perforated lines.
- Multi-layer lamination – Lamination of several types of material in different forms to create a complex, multi-layered part.
- Grip tab – For easier operation, the upper liner on the user side can be enlarged to make removal of a layer of material easier.
- Selective application of adhesive – When a part is required to adhere only to a specific area of another part, we are able to apply the adhesive only in specific areas.
The use of adhesive strips instead of liquid adhesive makes it possible for us to adapt a wide variety of solutions for our clients in situations where contact surfaces have different adhesion requirements. Our expertise in transformation allows us to combine different, carefully selected types of adhesive strips, such as VHB, in combination with a wide range of materials, such as:
- sheet metal;
- artificial and natural leather.